Channel Networks - Fix Installation Measurements
Hybrid Flow Measurement in Main Collector
- Hood profile 2200 x 1980
- Part filled and full
- Precast concrete parts
- Sedimentation and temporary overflow
Definition of tasks
- Detection of flow rates in a large main collector of a combined sewage channel network ranging from low nightly discharge to flood events.
- Due to sedimentation, stones and debris sensors cannot be installed on the channel bottom.
- At rainfall events the collector may be completely flooded and may build up pressure.
- The newly developed NivuFlow 7550 hybrid system with combined flow velocity measurement using contactless surface radar and a laterally installed medium-contacting cross correlation sensor was used.
- The part filled level is detected using ultrasound from top down, high levels and flood are detected by the pressure cell integrated in the cross correlation sensor.
- Contactless detection of flow rates in dry weather and at nighttime.
- Reliable flow measurements even under extreme discharge conditions and overflow.
Haven't found the appropriate Application?
You want to have best information about our products? Our experts will gladly develop together with you the best system solution for your application.
Applications & Solutions
Our Applications and Solutions catalogue offers a brief overview to the most interesting application examples in a single pdf-document.