Flowing Waters - Flood Protection
Seepage Measurement in Dam
- Dam wall 130 years old, approx. 500 m length, made of quarry stone with clay core
- Gallery inside of dam wall to check seepage volumes
- Seepage volumes ranging from ml/s to l/s
- Currently seepage water volumes are manually determined once per week
Definition of tasks
- Detection of low volumes of seepage water within the dam gallery for continuous monitoring and early warning prior to dam break in case of increasing seepage volumes
- Sensor installation in dam interior with 100% humidity
- Continuous evaluation of flow rates and monitoring outside of the dam area in a distance of approx. 1000 m in control cabinet
- A flow measurement system Type NivuFlow 750 was used.
- The low flow volumes were combined using a pipe DN 100. A cross correlation pipe sensor detects the very low flow volume inside of the full pipe within a few mm.
- A water-proof installed MPX preamplifier transmits the flow velocity signals measured on site to the transmitter in a distance of 1000 m.
- Reliable transmission of signals to the transmitter over a distance of 1000 m
- Permanent monitoring of the old construction ensures the safety of the people living behind the dam
Haven't found the appropriate Application?
You want to have best information about our products? Our experts will gladly develop together with you the best system solution for your application.
Applications & Solutions
Our Applications and Solutions catalogue offers a brief overview to the most interesting application examples in a single pdf-document.