Flowing Waters - Power Plants
Dam Intake Measurement
- Rectangular channel 1.80 x 3.00 m (h x w), partially concrete, partially dry-stone walls
- Part filled
- Rainwater and surface water
- Short calming section
- Manual detection of flow rates (level reading and Q/h-table) destroyed after flood
Definition of tasks
- Continuous, automated flow measurement of turbine intake
- High measurement accuracy despite short and unfavourable calming section for optimum use of the turbine for energy production
- Maintenance-free system required since no personnel available
- Ultrasonic transit time measurement with NivuFlow 650 was chosen due to the relatively clean medium.
- A section of the channel bottom was planed with concrete improving the hydraulic conditions at the measurement point.
- To achieve high accuracy after compensating skew flow behind the bend a crosswise 2-path measurement with transit time sensors mounted in different heights were installed.
Easy installation, easy accessibility, high accuracy, reliability and maintenance-free.
Haven't found the appropriate Application?
You want to have best information about our products? Our experts will gladly develop together with you the best system solution for your application.
Applications & Solutions
Our Applications and Solutions catalogue offers a brief overview to the most interesting application examples in a single pdf-document.