Industry - Power Plants
Flow Measurement in 8 Cooling Water Intakes
- 8 rectangular concrete channels, partially operating parallel
- Dimensions between 2.0 x 2.0 m and 3.0 x 2.0 m (w x h)
- Permanently full filled at measurement spot
- Surface water taken from large river
- Control slide gates downstream
Definition of tasks
- Flow Measurement for proof of cooling water withdrawal for responsible authorities
- Control of maximum permissible withdrawal volume at low water levels
- Detection of distribution of partial volumes
- All measurement places were equipped with flow measurements based on the transit time (time of flight) principle.
- Transmitters Type NivuFlow 650 and Type NIS-V300 wedge sensors were used.
- Each measurement spot was set up as double measurement path with both paths positioned in different heights within the rectangular channel.
- Reliable measurement
Haven't found the appropriate Application?
You want to have best information about our products? Our experts will gladly develop together with you the best system solution for your application.
Applications & Solutions
Our Applications and Solutions catalogue offers a brief overview to the most interesting application examples in a single pdf-document.