Industry - Power Plants
Turbine Intake Flow Measurement
- Steel pipeline with 1400 mm diameter
- Remotely situated and hence no power supply available
- High flow velocities
Definition of tasks
- Installation of flow measurement to verify the turbine performance in the pipeline down to valley
- No holes must be drilled into or mechanical parts must be welded onto the pipeline
- No system shutdown possible for installation works
- The portable measurement system NivuFlow 600 CO using the ultrasonic transit time method has been used for this application.
- No need to interrupt the running process thanks to attaching the sensors on the pipeline outside by using tensioning belts (clamp-on).
- No interruption of running processes
- Easy installation
- Temporary measurement with long lifetime
- Stable and reliable measurement
NIC Clamp-On Sensor
Haven't found the appropriate Application?
You want to have best information about our products? Our experts will gladly develop together with you the best system solution for your application.
Applications & Solutions
Our Applications and Solutions catalogue offers a brief overview to the most interesting application examples in a single pdf-document.