- Trapezoid channel 1.5 x 0.5 m (w x h)
- Partially filled
- Concrete channel bottom, embankment reinforced with water engineering stones
- Remote measurement place
Definition of tasks
- Flow measurement in partially contaminated groundwater from former tar factory site for proof purposes
- No power supply available
- No solar power supply or open sensors possible due to the risk of vandalism
- Long readout cycles of saved measurement data
- The portable flow measurement system Type PCM 4 with rechargeable battery and memory card data storage has been used.
- Due to the slow fluctuation of readings a measuring interval of 30 minutes has been selected.
- A combined flow velocity / level sensor has been mounted on the channel bottom.
- Easy and quick sensor installation
- No visible sensors
- Long-life measurement without battery replacement or data backups