- Rectangular concrete channel 2.5 x 1.5 m (w x h)
- Part filled
- Pit water purification system of a brown coal surface mining plant
- Medium with high solid contents (iron ochre)
Definition of tasks
- Continuous volume measurement for subject-to-control hydraulic plant efficiency
- Iron oxide (ochre) contained in the pit water shall not influence the measurement system
- Redundant water level measurement
- The planned expensive solution using a Venturi flume has been replaced by the cost-efficient and more accurate NivuFlow 750 measurement system.
- Apart from flow measurement, the application has been equipped with 2 different level measurements to ensure redundancy. An air-ultrasonic as well as a water-ultrasonic sensor have been used.
- Higher accuracy and measurement dynamics than the planned Venturi measurement
- Higher flow velocities and less sedimentation than Venturi measurement with backwater
- Construction costs reduced by 60%