Cooling Water Tap
Industry - Chemical Industry
- Closed concrete rectangular channel, 3.8 x 3.5 m (h x w)
- Part filled
Definition of tasks
- Pump control as well as the cooling process require to permanently control the flow within the cooling water channel
- The inflow must be controlled due to the limited volume of the downstream sand separators
- Continuous flow detection even in case of fluctuating water levels
- A transit time measurement Type NivuFlow 650 has been used due to the clean medium.
- Rod sensors have been used, allowing to select holders which enable sensor removal from the outside under operating conditions. The sensor holders have been installed in the top area since the water level cannot be lowered for a longer period. This allows to remove the sensors from above for maintenance purposes.
- High accurate flow detection
- Easy and robust installation
- Sensors can be removed or maintained under operating conditions