Flow Rate Monitoring on Pumps
Channel Networks - Pump Stations and Lifting Facilities
- Cast iron pipe DN 200
- Full filled
- Old existing line (condition unknown), installed pipe system cannot be modified
Definition of tasks
- Flow rate monitoring of feed pump to detect clogging and dry run
- Tendency monitoring of feed pump to detect wear and tear
- Optimisation of repair and maintenance intervals
- No high accuracy required (permissible error higher than 10 %)
- Good reproducibility
- A clamp-on) Doppler sensor Type NivuGuard 2 was used.
- The sensor provides a flow-proportional 4-20 mA signal as well as a digital error message signal directly to the telecontrol substation installed on site.
- Direct connection to the PLC available on site (no transmitter required)
- No modification of old pipeline necessary