- <link https: www.nivus.com en service-download know-how laufzeitdifferenz external-link-new-window>Ultrasonic transit time sensor for connection to NivuFlow 600 as well as NivuFlow 650
- Resistant sensor material for use in various media
- Measurement in full pipes. Ideal for retrofitting or replacement.
- Measurement in clear to slightly polluted water
- One sensor type for all diameters (DN 100 to DN 6.000)
- Up to 100 m of cable length between sensor and transmitter or adapter box
NIS pipe sensors are part of a fixed measurement system for continuous flow measurement and storage of the recorded measurement data. They can be used for clean to slightly polluted media.
NIS pipe sensors are used for flow measurement in full pipes featuring various dimensions.
Readings are detected based on the ultrasonic transit time principle which allows high accurate measurement results.
Thanks to perfectly matched mounting material ranging from ball valves to tapping saddles the system is ideal for retrofitting or for replacement of existing flow measurement systems.
Typical NIS pipe sensor applications
- Fixed measurements in full pipes in hydropower plants, pump stations and similar
- Irrigation systems
- Inlets and outlets conducting cooling water or circulation
- WWTP outlets
- Dirty water pipelines
- Industrial flow measurements, process water
- Retrofitting and Replacement of existing flow measurement system
- and many more
|Measurement principle||Ultrasonic transit time|
|Measurement range||NIS: ± 20 m/s
NIS0: ± 15 m/s
|Measurement uncertainty||- Flow velocity (vmedium) in path ±0.1 % of measurement value
- Offset velocity < ±5 mm/s
|Measurement frequency||1 MHz|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to +50 °C|
|Storage temperature||-30 °C to +70 °C|
|Operating pressure||NIS: max. 16 bar (with retaining element) (oters upon request)
NIS0: Pipe sensor: max. 16 bar (with retaining element) (others upon request)
|Cable lengths||NIS: 7/10/15/20/30/50/100 m
Extension options: sensors can be connected to extension modules NFE, cable length between NFE and transmitter max. 200 m
NIS0: 7/10/15/20/30/50/100 m
|Sensor connection||Continuous pre-configured cable|
|Medium-contacting materials||stainless steel 1.4571, CFK (Carbon), NBR, HDPE|
|Zero point drift||Absolutely stable zero point|
Specifications subject to change.
EU Declaration of Conformity "Ex" Ultrasonic transit time sensors
"Ex" Ultrasonic transit time sensors