Flowing Waters - Flood Protection
Flow Measurement Protected Area Drainage
- Steel pipeline DN 500
- Fully filled
- Groundwater without any pollution
- Measurement system permanently immersed
- due to short calming section
Definition of tasks
- Detection of drained volumes in the low-lying protective dyke area of a large German river
- High measurement accuracy despite short calming section
- Immersed pumps and permanently overflown calming section require IP 68 for the sensors used
- Maintenance-free measurement system required due to inaccessible measurement point
- Due to the lack of reflecting particles in the medium the ultrasonic transit time measurement Type NivuFlow 600 was used.
- To achieve high accuracy and to compensate the swirl downstream of the pumps a crosswise 2-path measurement with 4 sensors was installed.
- To avoid maintenance measures the velocity sensors were installed directly inside of the pressurised line using welded nozzles and clamping elements.
- High accuracy, reliability and free of maintenance
Haven't found the appropriate Application?
You want to have best information about our products? Our experts will gladly develop together with you the best system solution for your application.
Applications & Solutions
Our Applications and Solutions catalogue offers a brief overview to the most interesting application examples in a single pdf-document.