- <link https: www.nivus.com en service-download know-how laufzeitdifferenz external-link-new-window>Ultrasonic transit time sensor for connection to NivuFlow 600 and NivuFlow 650
- High accurate monitoring of hydropower plants
- Resistant sensor material for use in various media
- Measurement in clear to slightly polluted water
- Hydropower plant monitoring with highest measurement accuracy
- For 8-path measurements according to IEC 60041 (ASME PTC 18
- Up to 100 m of cable length between sensor and transmitter or adapter box
NOS screw-in sensors are part of a fixed measurement system for continuous flow measurement and storage of the recorded measurement data. They can be used for clean to slightly polluted media.
NOS screw-in sensors are used for flow measurement in full pipes featuring various dimensions.
Readings are detected based on the ultrasonic transit time principle. Creating a standardised measurement network by installing up to 8 measurement paths according to IEC 60041 allows high accurate measurement results.
Typical NOS screw-in sensor applications
- Fixed measurements in full pipes in hydropower plants, pump stations and similar
- Irrigation systems
- Inlets and outlets conducting cooling water or circulation
- WWTP outlets and many more
- Industrial flow measurements, process water, pressurised pipelines
- and many more
|Measurement principle||Ultrasonic transit time|
|Measurement range||±20 m/s|
|Measurement uncertainty||Flow velocity (v average) within path ± 0.1 % of measurement value
Offset velocity ± 5 mm/s
|Measurement frequency||1 MHz, 200 kHz and or 500 kHz|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to +50 °C|
|Cable lengths||Up to 100 m between sensor and transmitter or adapter box|
|Medium-contacting materials||Rod sensor, Plug sensor, Screw-in sensor: Stainless steel 1.4571, CFK (Carbon), Viton®|
Specifications subject to change.